Take Steps to TransformTO
Join the next city-wide walking challenge in 2023! Stay tuned for details.
Walking is a clean, green, and healthy way to get around Toronto and a great way to support the goals and targets in the City’s TransformTO Climate Action Strategy. Challenge yourself to walk more often around your neighborhood and to local shops – by yourself or with members of your household. With the Live Green Perks app you can earn rewards by walking more often every day, and during Toronto's city-wide walking challenge.
Need some inspiration? Check out StrollTO self-guided neighbourhood walks for some cool destinations in your area. Sign up and take steps to win prizes for you and your community!VIEW LEADERBOARD
How to earn rewards by walking:
- Download the free Live Green Perks app and set up an account
- Connect your phone's health app, or a wearable fitness device, to the app
- Start walking and log your steps in the app to earn rewards every day
- To participate in the walking challenge confirm your postal code to make sure you’re connected to your ward's team (dates to be announced)
- Follow your ward's progress on the Leaderboard
Did you know?
To address the climate crisis, 75 per cent of all trips in Toronto under 5 km will need to be walked, cycled or on transit by 2040. That’s a key goal in the City’s TransformTO Climate Action Strategy – one we need to achieve to reach net-zero emissions and help protect our planet. Join the challenge and take steps to TransformTO!
For any technical issues, alternative accessibility options or other questions regarding the Take Steps to TransformTO walking challenge contact email@example.com.